Fundamental to our business is that we ensure all operations are conducted in a responsible manner. We are cognizant that our performance regarding health and safety, and our environmental stewardship reflect on Zargon as a company and our standing within the industry, shareholder value and our reputation in the eyes of our many stakeholders including employees, investors, communities near our operations, regulators and the public.
Health and Safety
Management believes than an effective health and safety program is based on the following philosophy:
- Zargon believes that is important to protect the health and safety of its employees, contractors and the public.
- Safety is an integral component of a good business plan. Working safely boosts employee moral, reduces costs and increases profitability.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of an effective safety program requires the commitment of the entire Zargon team. This includes management, employees and contractors.
- Any worker has the right and responsibility to refuse to do work in an unsafe manner.
- Appropriate training is essential to be able to work safely.
- Operating in an environmentally responsible manner is key to ensuring the continued growth of the company and the industry.
- Sound environmental management is an integral component of a good business plan. Environmental stewardship reduces costs and corporate liability. It enhances shareholder value, boosts employee moral and enhances the company’s image in the eyes of regulators and the public.
- Managing Zargon’s environmental responsibilities is a team effort requiring the commitment of management, employees and contractors.
- Preventing environmental damage is cheaper than repairing damage.